Crafting to welcome Spring is way more fun than cleaning, right?
We thought so!
In today's Let's Get Crafty post, we're sharing a project from our booklet Creative Memory Keeping. You can use up all those fabric scraps too pretty to throw away and it's done in an afternoon...instant gratification!
Framed Patchwork Sampler
Here's what you'll need:
wooden frame with cardboard insert and glass front
cream spray paint
assorted trims, lace & ribbon
1. Remove cardboard insert and glass from frame. Prime, then paint frame. You could also use a frame that's already painted, so long as it has a cardboard insert.
2. Cut a piece of muslin 1" larger on all sides than the frame's insert.
3. Pin a 5-sided piece of fabric to center of muslin. Matching right sides and raw edges and using a 1/4" seam allowance, start at 5-sided piece and sew various size and shape fabric pieces to muslin until muslin is covered.
4. Trim fabric to fit muslin. Glue trim, lace and ribbon to pieced fabric along seams. Randomly glue or sew buttons and appliques to pieced fabric.
5. Cut a piece of batting to fit insert. Layer batting then completed patchwork on insert, wrapping ends to back. Secure with tape or fabric glue. Set glass in frame and then add covered insert in place.
Customize this project for any room or any season and
add a little sunshine wherever you place it!
Share this idea with a friend...it's easy with the buttons below!