The more the merrier…especially when it comes to buttons! Add your favorites to this Framed Button Tree, a fun project for everyone from school-age kids to adults. It's from Gooseberry Patch Christmas, Book 13...the newest in the series!
Framed Button Tree
- Steam iron
- 12” x 14” piece of
- Frame with a 12” x 16”
- 16” x 20” piece of fabric
- Assorted vintage buttons
- 12” x 16” piece of foam
- Craft glue
- Vintage Christmas pin (we used a jumping-jack Santa)
- Ribbon to decorate the frame (optional)
1. Fuse the web to the wrong side of the felted wool.
3. Using the enlarged pattern, cut the tree from the felted wool. Center and fuse the tree on the background fabric.
4. Sew the buttons on the tree.
5. Center the foam core board on the wrong side of the background fabric. Wrap and glue the excess fabric to the board back.
6. Insert the board into the frame. Add a vintage Christmas pin and enhance the frame molding with ribbon, if desired.
Ready to add
Gooseberry Patch Christmas,
Book 13, to your collection?
Click the button below!
Share this easy holiday idea with all your friends!