Add some personal flair to any gift with
one of these clever (and easy!) gift tag ideas. You'll find these and hundreds more
in our book, Gooseberry Patch Christmas, Book 11...check it out!
The book includes all the complete-with-measurements instructions but here are a few hints to making these merry tags...
1. With a hole punch, create a tree from the little circles you'd normally throw away. Brush glue onto cardstock in a tree shape and then sprinkle with dots. A satiny bow at the bottom and a little ribbon through the hole at the end finishes it.
2. This tag starts with paper flowers found in the scrapbooking aisle of the craft store. Make a festive little wreath of blooms...you could try stars, presents or ornaments too! Handwrite the greeting in the middle or add it with rub-on letters and it's done.
3. This tag starts with some ribbon scraps and a little glue...just fold ribbons in half and secure with the folded edge down. It's easiest to start from the bottom and work your way up. Once your tree is complete, stitch on a few snowflakes with embroidery floss and tie on a mini jingle bell!
4. For this tag, you'll need a few fabric circles and a slightly larger circle made out of sturdy cardstock. Secure all layers together with fabric glue or spray adhesive. Using a large paper needle, stitch a simple initial in the center, using a stem stitch. Cover a few buttons using a kit and then stitch them onto the tag.
5. This last tag couldn't be simpler, once you have the hang of the embroidery. Just layer two pieces of ribbon up as shown, and secure with glue at the top. Stitch on an initial and then glue the whole thing to a piece of cardstock, for stability. Add a bow and bell through a hole punched at the top and it's done!
With these easy ideas, you'll be well on your way to becoming the talk of the tree! We're betting you'll come up with your own variations on these tags. Post your photos on our Page on Facebook or link to them in the comments here...we'd love to see them!